Monday, June 30, 2008

Dial Tones, Earth Wind and Fire

And the 70's hits keep rolling.

I started hearing swishy noises last night (like most of the patients that have my surgery but I never heard it). This morning I tried the dial tone test (maxxed the volume and put it to my bad ear) and I thought I heard something. Then, I put on my ipod (just on my bad ear) and blasted what was ever on there--- in this case, Earth Wind and Fire (great for long runs). And I could just make out "Sing a song" (for those not familiar with 70's soul--- I suggest you go download some right now). It's still only .5% hearing but at least now it's actual sounds and not just scratching or electronic Frampton-esque noises in my head. Anyway, very positive news.

I'm looking forward to the point I can actually run and hear out of both ears. Because right now-- all I can do is slowly walk, although it's getting better each day.

Susan

4 comments:

Erica said...

I love Earth, Wind & Fire!

Great news on the swishy noises and other hearing development, Susan.

patrickmarren said...

Great news. You guys will be missed Friday, but we hope to see you soon anyway...

Wendy Wander said...

Good news about the .5 hearing. You seem to be improving everyday and we are all hopeful it keeps up.

Aunt Mary Jo said...

Hey Suz..I am so glad to hear about the squshy sounds. I want to warn you to not blast the IPOD in your ear...that little nerve is as fragile and confused as a seedling. You could damage it too easily. SOOO be patient with your wonderful body. I know you didn't ask for advice, but this is what happens when you has an Aunt that is a nurse.